It seems like everywhere I go someone is either talking or asking me about the benefits of apple cider vinegar. It’s been around for centuries, yet for some reason now it’s gaining rapid popularity. Do I endorse this product? Absolutely! To be specific, I endorse the natural (un-distilled) raw and organic version of it, most familiarly recognized as the Braggs brand in stores. Let me share a little with you about this magical product…
Research worldwide supports and commends what Hippocrates (the father of medicine) found and treated his patients with in 400 B.C. He discovered that natural, un-distilled Apple Cider Vinegar (or ACV) is a powerful cleansing and healing elixir, "a naturally occurring antibiotic and antiseptic that fights germs and bacteria" for a healthier, stronger, longer life! It was also used in Biblical times as an antiseptic and a healing agent, and is mentioned in the Bible.
Nature’s Best Kept Secret
Natural (un-distilled) organic, raw ACV is made from fresh, crushed apples which are then allowed to mature naturally in wooden barrels, as wood seems to "boost" the natural fermentation. Natural ACV should be rich, brownish color and if held to the light you might see a tiny formation of "cobweb-like" substances that we call the "mother." It never needs refrigeration. When you smell natural ACV, there's a pungent odor and sometimes it's so ripened it puckers your mouth and smarts your eyes. These are natural, good signs.
A Few Benefits of ACV
- Type II Diabetes Prevention & Treatment (sugar regulation)
- Weight Loss (metabolism booster/fat burner)
- Lower Cholesterol
- Clear Sinuses (including cold & flu symptoms)
- Sore throat
- Digestive Aid (including acid reflux)
- Skin Issues (including sunburn, ingrown hairs, razor bumps, acne, psoriasis, eczema, fungal infections, warts, etc.)
- Energy Booster
- Maintains Internal Alkalinity (disease prevention)
- Non-Toxic All-Purpose Cleaner (including to clean your fruits & veggies)
- Non-Toxic Weed Killer
- Non-Toxic Odor Neutralizer (especially great for cleaning up after pets)
- Non-Toxic flea repellant for your pets
- Shiny, Flake-Free Hair
- Facial Toner/Cleanser
- Fade Bruises
- Whiten Teeth
- Eliminate Bad Breath
- Stop Smelly Feet
- Add it to…
Also, please be sure to stay tuned to the website for more wellness blog posts!
Katherine Igah-Phillips, MD, MHA
Returning to Nature, LLC.